Our school is a dynamic learning community that has kept up-to-date with Information and Communication Technology initiatives to ensure our students are provided with the latest ideas and devices to keep them engaged and independent in their learning.
Our vision for elearning is to use the power of technology to develop digital citizenship within our students. We aim to incorporate engaging technologies to develop competencies across the curriculum in new ways. Here are some of the things our school has achieved with Information and Communication Technology:
- 1-1 netbooks for all students from grades 4 to 6
- An ICT lab with a class-set of desktop computers for all other grades, with each grade timetabled in weekly.
- Computers in every classroom (minimum of 5)
- A Media-Arts program which supports the learning of skills, knowledge, responsibility, creativity, collaboration and communication while using technologies.
- A high-speed wireless network with access for all students
- Filtered internet access for all students
- Provided licenced software that meets educational needs of our students.
- Established an ICT Acceptable User agreement and a Netbook User Policy
- Access to other digital devices, such as cameras, headphones, flip cameras, scanners, printers, webcams
- Tablets for support staff working with special needs students
- A school technician
In the near future we anticipate that our Media-arts program will have a class set of tablets and each class will have access to their own email.
The elearning future of our school looks exciting and will continue to grow and develop as technology grows and develops.