Our Digital Journey

Our school is a dynamic learning community that has kept up-to-date with Information and Communication Technology initiatives to ensure our students are provided with the latest ideas and devices to keep them engaged and independent in their learning.

Our vision for elearning is to use the power of technology to develop digital citizenship within our students. We aim to incorporate engaging technologies to develop competencies across the curriculum in new ways. Here are some of the things our school has achieved with Information and Communication Technology:

• 1-1 netbooks for all students from grades 4 to 6
  • An ICT lab with a class-set of desktop computers for all other grades, with each grade timetabled in weekly.
  • Computers in every classroom (minimum of 5)
  • A Media-Arts program which supports the learning of skills, knowledge, responsibility, creativity, collaboration and communication while using technologies.
  • A high-speed wireless network with access for all students
  • Filtered internet access for all students
  • Provided licenced software that meets educational needs of our students.
  • Established an ICT Acceptable User agreement and a Netbook User Policy
  • Access to other digital devices, such as cameras, headphones, flip cameras, scanners, printers, webcams
  • Tablets for support staff working with special needs students
  • A school technician

In the near future we anticipate that our Media-arts program will have a class set of tablets and each class will have access to their own email.

The elearning future of our school looks exciting and will continue to grow and develop as technology grows and develops.

on “Our Digital Journey
19 Comments on “Our Digital Journey
  1. To Ms Sieira, Good job if you did all of this blog. I love it. So many fun things to see. And THANK YOU so much for teaching me things I don’t know about on computers. Like you taught me how to get on the blog once again. Big THANK YOU to Ms Sieira our multimedia teacher. from MIA!!!

2. I have been bulled a lot of times and now it has stopped. From the F.R.I.E.N.D.S Program I learned about the milkshake breathing and that has stopped the bullies from bullying people.

3. Grade 4 you did a great job on your Movies I loved it keep it up Grade 4.

I think you should use tux paint or art to make a title page and maybe put some squelchers on the title page, try it next time.

You did great I will rate you 5 STARS if I could.

4. Phin, Mar and I called our product Video-table. We said it cost 85% off and if you buy one you get one free. We said that to make people buy it. We said in our flyer it will enspire you and the whole wide world to attract customers to buy it. We made it so you choose any colour you want to get it.

5. We learn these kind of things to help us to help people with bad eye sight and to change peoples lives by rasing money with our learning and that’s is why it is MEANINGFUL

6. good job miss Sieira using up your time to make this blog for all the school and the outside world to use it thank you once again for making this website exist thanks a lot.

7. If I could say something to the girls at City OF Joy I would say I am glad we helped raise money so you will be able to get the things you need.

8. What are some tools you learnt in Microsoft PowerPoint?
    I Have learnt how to use thesaurus and putting in pictures
    How is poetry different to story-writing?
    Poetry is mostly like rhyming and is mostly about feelings and story –writing is usually about adventures stories.
    What do you think our poems will teach the Korean students when they read it?
    They will teach them about our personalities.
    What is something you would like to ask the Korean students when we meet them through the Polycom Board
    I will ask if they like my poem and movie.

9. What are some tools you learnt in Microsoft PowerPoint?
    I learnt how to use the thesaurus.
    They both can be the same because they can both be fiction and non-fiction..
    About us and our life in Australia.
    What is something you would like to ask the Korean students when we meet them through the Polycom Board?
    How is it like at your school?

10. What are some tools you learnt in Microsoft PowerPoint?
    I learnt to use the thesauruses, animations and transitions.

Poetry is similar to story writing because story writing you are allowed to use your imagination
    And in poetry writing you can use your imagination too.

I think it will teach them about our lives and where we live.

How their lives are and where they live and the things they learn at school.

11. Why elements are important?
    Art is important because there will be no colour or paintings without art.
    What tools did you discover while photo editing?
    I discovered zooming in and I discovered blurring out stuff that I don’t want and I discovered the backgrounds you could change them to countries.
    What helped you make choices about your photo editing?
    The things that helped me make my choices was about like trying new things like the countries in the background.
    What does photography bring to the world?
    They bring mindfulness enjoyment and colour.