I Am From…. Digital Poems by Grade 3

The grade 3 students have been working hard to complete a digital poem called ‘I’m From….’. The poems were inspired by the original author George E Lyon.

Students were first required to write the lyrics for their poem. They were asked to the use their senses, memories and interests to help inspire their ideas.Students included things such as a childhood memory, something they like to smell/taste/touch or something they’ve learnt. They used Microsoft PowerPoint to communicate their thoughts and present their poem.

Once they developed the text in their poem, they inserted an audio recording of their poetry reading. Their aim was to add fluency and expression. When this stage was completed they were ready to add the illustrations. Students could illustrate parts of their digital poem using Microsoft Paint. They could merge drawings with photos and relevant images they located. They enhanced their poems with animations, transtions and sound effects. Students learnt to save them as an MP4 for easy playback.

Check out some of the wonderful work!

STUDENTS PLEASE REFLECT ON THE FOLLOWING:

What are some tools you learnt in Microsoft PowerPoint?

How is poetry different to story-writing?

on “I Am From…. Digital Poems by Grade 3
45 Comments on “I Am From…. Digital Poems by Grade 3
  1. Doing i am from… Power Point it was very fun to do and there was hard work in it.
    It was the best thing i ever done, i thought it would be hard but now i decided to change my mind!

2. 1. You learn how to do sound affects and animations and transition.
    2. A poetry is different to story-writing because its shorter and it can rhyme.

3. I learnt to go insert record voice and we recorded our voice reading our poem..
    I also learnt that poems are shorter and stories are longer.

4. 1 I learned how to do sound affects and how to record my voice.
    2 Writing a story has a problem in every one but poems don’t have to have problems in them. Thanks for showing me that.

5. Tools i learnt to use on power point is go on insert and then go on audio then record audio.

6. I think it was fun to learn how to put sound affects in PowerPoint and animations. Stories have paragraphs and poems have verses. Poems have patterns and stories don`t, poems are shorter than stories. Stories have a beginning, middle and end and poems don`t have to.

7. I liked doing I Am From because I got to learn new stuff like, how to use transitions
    and animations also sound affects and my voice.

Well a poem is shorter then a actual story and a story is much longer then the poem. Also poems have verses and stories have paragraphs with, nouns, adverbs and adjectives.

8. The tools I learnt in Powerpoint where adding audio, animations and transitions. One difference between a poem and a story is a story is longer than a poem.

9. The tools i learned on Power Point are adding animations ,putting sound affects recording my voice and inserting pictures from Paint to Powerpoint.
    Some differences are stories are longer than poems, stories have paragraphs and poems dont. Poems sometimes have ryhmes.

10. I learnt how to get sound affects and how to insert pictures.Ii also learnt to do animations and to paste my drawings in Paint to Power point.i learnt a story has paragraphs and a poem doesn’t have paragraphs and a poem is shorter.

11. I learned how to do sound.
    I learned how to do pictures.
    I learned how to do design.
    I learned how to do animation.

It’s different because poems rhyme.
    Poem have every line with capital.
    Poems are shorter then an story.
    Stoiesy have parts like beginning, middle and ending.

12. I LEARNED HOW TO DO PICTURES
    I LEARNED HOW TO DO SOND
    I LEARNED HOW TO DESIGN
    I LEARNED HOW TO ANIMATION

Its different because poems sometimes rhyme.
    Poems have every line with capital.
    Poems are shorter then an story.
    Story have parts like ending and other.

13. In Microsoft PowerPoint I learnt to record my voice reading my poem and attaching my voice to my poem.
    A poem is different to a story because it doesn’t have a beginning middle and end with paragraphs.

14. I learnt how to do sound, animation and transitions on PowerPoint.
    Story writing is different to poems because stories are longer and some poems rhyme.

15. In Microsoft PowerPoint i learnt to record my voice and put it into my poem. I could insert my drawing from Paint to PowerPoint.
    A poem is different to a story because it can rhyme and has a pattern in the words.

16. I learnt on PowerPoint how to record my voice and make the words have sound effects when they come in.
    In a poem every time you start a new line it will have a capital letter.

17. On PowerPoint I learnt how to put your photos in by going to insert and recorded my voice.
    A poem is different to a story because a story doesn’t rhyme and a story is more longer.

18. In PowerPoint I learnt how to do sound, insert my pictures, make animations and design in paint.
    A poem is different to a story because a poem has verses and a story has paragraphs, also stories are longer than poems.

19. I learnt inn Powerpoint how to use the audio/transitons and animations.Thanks Mrs Sieira.
    A poem is different to a story because a poem might rhyme and has verses.

20. This activity was a fun experience. I learnt so many things including How to record your voice,doing transitions and animations and much more! I enjoyed every part of working on this activity! A poem is different to a story because poems sometimes rhyme and they have verses.

21. I learnt to use voice record, download from Microsoft paint, animations an animate, do effects, how to put it into a movie and put it into a slideshow and back rounds from PowerPoint.

A poem is shorter lika a nursery rhyme and a normal story can be very long with a problem and a beginning, middle and end.

22. In Microsoft PowerPoint I learnt the tools of how to record your voice and save your power point as an mp4.

A poem is different to a story because on every line of your poem you start with a capital letter but in a story you don’t.

23. I loved doing the I Am From poems. i learnt how to use tools i learnt that you can record your voice and add sound effects
    A poetry is different than a poem because in a poem you can end a line whenever you want but in a story you have to end a line when it is full.
    thank you so much Mrs Sieira

24. In Microsoft PowerPoint I learnt how to save as an mp4.

PowerPoint is different to a story because poem have caplet letter for each line and story doesn’t.

25. I learnt that in Microsoft word you can ad lots of different sound effects.

A poem is different to a story because poems sometimes rhyme and they have verses.

26. I learn that in Microsoft word you can ad sound effects and turn it into mp4

The difference between a story and a poem are they have verses and is shorter than a story a story has a begin mid and end.

27. the tools that I learnt on Microsoft PowerPoint are how to record your voice reading your presentation.

A story is different to a poem because a story has paragraghs but a poem has verses.