Radio Intros – By Grade 5

Grade 5 students planned, scripted, recorded and edited Radio Intros to learn how to grab and maintain an audience’s attention. They discovered that an intro is important because it sets the scene and engages the listeners, and the way in which an ‘Intro’ is presented is crucial to keeping listeners listening.

The grade 5 students discussed that without images to engage listeners, audio in radio shows need impact (and sometimes exaggerated sounds) to entertain or add interest. Students were required to create impact in their Radio Intros using ….

• Big words(such as best, greatest, hottest etc)
  • Sound effects
  • Using Expression
  • Changing voice tone
  • Adding theme music

Once scripted, they then recorded them using the software program ‘Audacity’. Students learnt to use the tools to enhance their audio recordings, then export it into a playable mp3 file. Tune in to some of the students work!…..

Student please reflect on the following…

Listen to some of the work by students below.

What do you think makes an effective Radio Intro? What suggestions or feedback would you give to enhance some of the below examples?

Would you recomment ‘Audacity’ as an audio editing tool? Why or why not?

on “Radio Intros – By Grade 5
5 Comments on “Radio Intros – By Grade 5
  1. What do you think makes an effective Radio Intro? What suggestions or feedback would you give to enhance some of the below examples?

I think that using music and sound affects is a great way to do a radio intro

I think that audacity is a bit glitchy and annoying.

2. An effective Radio Intro is something that stands out has a lot of enthusiasm witch makes a better radio intro and a lot of how your voice sounds

A feedback would be express your self and have a good sound for your radio intro that will give the listeners a entertain to thing listen about

Audacity is a great way to edit your voice but its hard to get the effects on the right place and theirs to many bars loading so im in the middle

3. 1. I think to make an effective radio intro is to add sound effects to hook your listeners. Some feedback: If think we should all use a nice clear voice to make sure we can all understand.

2. I would not rate Audacity. I think it needs some updates. It wasn’t as easy to use all the tools.

4. 1.An effective radio needs to have great voices by the radio reader and have sound effect at least at the start and the end.
    2. The improvements that some of the recording needs is more expression in there voice.
    3. No. Audacity is glichy and may not be able to use sometimes.

5. iI ENJOYED LISTENING TO THESE. I LIKE THE GREAT VOICES AND THE EXPRESSIONS IN THE INTROS. I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE PEOPLE THAT HAD THE COUNTDOWN.