Art Elements Photography by Grade 4

Grade 4 students have been exploring the Art elements through photography in Media Arts.
While composing their photography, they were required to feature an aspect of the art elements. Students walked around the school to locate elements such as line, colour, texture, tone and pattern to focus on in their photography. They also explored angles such as ‘Birds-eye view’ and ‘Worms-eye view’ and investigated the concepts of open and closed composition while shooting their photos.

Once they had taken the photos, they then used an on-line tool to make enhancements and edit their photos. They decided on preferences and made sections with the tools available. The students were required to make choices while considering what they wanted to achieve in the sense of ‘style’ or ‘mood’ of their photo.

STUDENTS PLEASE REFLECT ON THE FOLLOWING:

WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?

WHAT TOOLS DID YOU DISCOVER WHILE PHOTO EDITING?

WHAT HELPED YOU MAKE CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PHOTO EDITING?

WHAT DOES PHOTOGRAPHY  BRING TO THE WORLD?

on “Art Elements Photography by Grade 4
31 Comments on “Art Elements Photography by Grade 4
  1. Art elements are important because if we didn’t have them art wouldn’t exist and the picture would have no meaning to it.

A few tools I discovered whilst editing my photo were blur and color. I used a lot of color to make my photos colourful!

Some of the choices I had to make when I was editing my photos was difficult but I decided by asking my friends if they looked nice and testing different colours if they looked nice.

Photography can give us a better understanding of the world because it shows different things that different people have experienced and seen.

2. Carli & Chelsea

Elements are important because they make pictures have effects.

Some tools we discovered were you could make some of the picture colored and some not you could also blur some of the background if it was not part of the picture.

Some of the choices were made was to suit the age or ability.

Photographing brings to the world entertainment & fun.

3. I Like how the grade fours went around the school doing this. I Like how you change the colours on some photos, some have the students on them.

4. WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?

art is really important to our world because it can help us remember stuff and show times in the past you can change those images and create some thing really cool that many people can admire.

5. Ryan & Blaze
    Art elements are important because they make art more interesting and fancy.
    Some tools we discovered were the text tool, the blurring tool and the colour tool.
    We made some choices to suit the ages of the people looking at the photo or picture.
    Photographing brings creativity, design also adventure to the world.

6. Art elements are important because you get to change something that all ready exists and make it your OWN!
    Some tools we discover were shade witch was were you could make I bit of the photo stand out we also discover colour with was were you could make things brighter.
    Some of the choices I made were very hard and took me a while to decide but in the end I chose what was best for my photo.
    Photography brings happiness relaxation and brightness to the world it makes people happy when there is bright colours, it brings relaxation to the world when there is relaxing photos, it bring brightness tom the world when there is bright colourful photos.

7. Brodie and Jackson.
    The tools that we discovered were nice good colours and nice background effects.
    The choices that helped us edited were, if they were nice happy photo’s we chose good bright colours.
    Elements are important for different types of colours because they help types of photos.
    Photographs bring joy and Art to the world.

8. WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?
    WHAT DOES PHOTOGRAPHY BRING TO THE WORLD?

1. ART ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT BECAUSE WITHOUT ART THERE WOULDN’T BE PHOTOS.
    2. I DISCOVERED TEXTURE OF THE PHOTO AND THE LINES IN THE PHOTO.
    3. I USED COLOUR AND FLAGS ON MY PHOTOS.
    4. PHOTOGRAPHY BRINGS ART TO THE WORLD AND SHOWS CULTURE AND MANY MORE THINGS.

9. The art elements are important because they help make art and without them there would be no art.

The tools we discovered while photo editing are colour, blur, sharpen, smooth, text, crop, auto fix, colour change and more.

What helped us make photo choices are the amount of colour that we wanted to use, blur to use to blur stuff, to do whatever suited the photo, to be free with our choices, to crop to what we want and more.

Photography brings memories, history and what people have experienced to the world.

10. WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?
    ART ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF IT DID NOT EXIST WHAT WOULD THE PHOTO WOULD NOT HAVE A MEANING TO IT.
    THE TOOLS THAT I DISCOVERED WERE FORCLE, FORCLE IS WHEN YOU HAVE A COURCLE AND YOU CAN ZOOM IN AND OUT AND MAKE THE BACKGROUND BLURY.
    I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE MY PHOTOS TO BE ON A FRONT COVER OF A COKING RESIPY BOOK.
    WELL PHOTOGRAPHY BRINGS ALL TIPS OF THINGS TO THE WORLD.

11. Why Are Art Elements Important?

Art is important because there will be no colour or no mindfulness and there will be no colour on a thing, place and person.
    What Tools Did You Discover While Photo Editing?
    I discovered zooming in when I was editing my work I even discovered changing the font of my words.
    What Helped You Make Choices About Your Photo Editing?

The things that helped me do my photo editing was the zooming in and out and the font changing of my words.

What Does Photography Bring To The World?

Photographs brings happiness and awareness to the world and people.

12. WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?
    Art elements are important because if there was no art there would never be colour or texture it will only be black and grey.
    I discovered that you could blur the background for it to focus on photo and I discovered that you could change the colour of your photo.
    The things that helped me pick was to see what they do first then see which one makes the thing look like its good for the art elements.
    Photos give you colour and texture colour gives you more colour to the photo and texture to see what patterns of texture is.

13. Art elements are important because if we didn’t have them art would still exist but the picture would have no meaning to it.

A tool that I found was blur. I liked blur the best because if you want the main part of your photo to stand out you could just blur the background.

I had a picture that I wanted to make look a specific way so I thought about what I could do to make it that way and I started to use the tools and it helped me to make it the way I wanted to.

Well photography can say things. So if you had a picture of someone who’s extremely hungry that could show people things that are going on and face expressions you would probably make.

14. Art elements are important because without it there is no purpose of art.
    I discovered that you can change the colour, texture and splat. It was very fun changing the elements.
    Something that helped me decide what to do was imagining it would be in a magazine.
    Photography brings perspective to the world and to show people what is happening in the world.

15. Reflection blog
    Questions:
    Why are art elements important?
    What tools did you discover while editing?
    What helped you make choices while photo editing?
    What does photography bring to the world?

1. I think art elements are important because it makes the picture more interesting and detailed.
    2. Some tools that I discovered were saturation, sharpening and focus.
    3. Something that helped me make choices was thinking about what would suit the photo.
    4. Photography gives the world facts about history and inspiration about things.

16. Refection blog
    Question:
    Why are art elements important?
    What tools did you discover while photo editing?
    What helped you make choices about your photo editing?
    Answers:
    1.i think art elements are important because they are interesting and detailed and gives it a reason

2. the tools i discover while photo editing were sateashen focus and colour change.

3. I had trouble making choices about my photo editing but I managed to do it.

4. photography brings the world inspiration

17. Art elements are important because otherwise there would there would been no point of art.
    I discovered that you can blur, recolour and add a boarder.
    I made some choices by looking at some other pictures or magazine entries.
    Photography allows us to share a beautiful landscapes to fashion pictures.

18. Why are art elements important?
    Art elements are important because without art elements you can’t do art without them.

We discovered that you can blur the background and you can change the colour of the picture.

For colour we made the background black and white
    And we made one thing colour.

Photography brings memories instead of writing things.

19. Reflection blog

Art elements are important because if we didn’t have them art would still exist but the picture would have no meaning to it.

A few tools I discovered whilst editing my photo were blur and colour. I used a lot of colour to make my photos colorful.
    Something that helped us make choices was thinking about what would suit the photo.
    Photography gives the world facts about history and inspiration about things.

20. Art elements are important because the picture gives you more detail and makes your picture more interesting and also gives you a better idea about what is happening in the photo

When we were using the tools I found some tools like blur and splash but the best of all was changing the colour and tone you could use a blue photo and change some of the colours and they match perfectly.

We think what helped me to make my photo cool was the focal and the blur effect which helped me make my choices during the photo so we could make all the texture stand out.

Photography brings memories back and help you prove that you have done something.

21. Why are the elements important?
    The elements are important because if we didn’t have them we wouldn’t be able to make photos with style and they would be bland.

We learnt the hue tool, the blur tool, the splash tool, the focus tool and some other tools as well.

We had to make some hard choices to make my photo the best it can be but eventually we figured them out.

What does Photography bring to the world?
    It lets you take a photo and look back at it instead of having to remember them. You might take a photo of a personal achievement or maybe something else.

22. Why are art elements important?
    Art elements are important because they can brighten up your world of culture.

I found that you could do lots of fun things especially in splash.

By looking at the photo on the cards and taking photos of all different things.

It brings pictures to detail instead of blank black or white photos.

23. WHY ARE ART ELEMENTS IMPORTANT?
    BECAUSE IF YOU HAD NO COLOUR AND THE OTHER ELEMENT THERE WOULD BE NOTHING IN THE PHOTO.
    I DISCOVERED TOOLS WHICH ARE COLOUR IS TO CHANCE THE COLOUR OF THE PICTURE, BRIGHTNESS IS TO MAKE IT BRIGHTER, SPLASH WHICH IS TO MAKE IT BLURY.
    IT HELPED ME WITH THE TOOLS, THE BACKGROUNDS AND OTHER OPTIONS.
    IT BRINGS MEMORIES OF SOMETHING AND CAN PROVE A PHOTO TO A PERSON OR SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE THINKS IT’S NOT TRUE.

24. Why are art elements important?

They are important so we can remember fun and great time and memories
    and you can look and magnificent pictures.

I discovered many tools such as blurring, splash and
    colour changing. I also liked the tool called hue and it also change the colour.

I just played around with all the tools and I thought about what sort of element I chose

Photographs bring cool affects and textures to the world.

25. Reflection blog
    Questions
    why are elements important
    what tools did you discover while editing
    Answers:
    1. The art elements are important because they help make art and without them there would be no art.
    2. the tools i discovered while editing were forces and colour change
    3. it was the colours that made my editing choices
    4. you can remember things that you did along time ago.

26. Why are art elements important?
    Art elements are important because if pictures were just normal that would be boring for other people and yourself so we create these art elements to give points of interest to amaze other people to make them go WOW.
    We found the hue were you can change the pictures color completely and we also found the blur tool were you can blur everything around the main part of the picture.
    What helped you make choices about your photo editing
    What helped me was looking around the room and finding little things to help me like there was little old radio discs

27. Why are art elements important?
    To make the picture interesting and good.
    SPLASH, BLUR, BRIGHTNESS
    The picture inspired me to add a little amount of colour.
    It sort of brings happiness and joy.

28. Why are art elements important?
    We think without art elements there is no art it’s just a picture! If there was no elements life would be bland.
    We used some tools like focal, splash, colour and borders. They helped us make our pictures better.
    We edited the photos how we would enjoy them. We also asked our friends if they liked the photo.
    Photography brings colour and awareness to the world. It also brings us emotions.

29. Why are art elements important?
    Art elements are important because without elements there would be no meaning for the photo and no purpose.

One of the main things I used was splash, splash means you can change the colour of the page and to change the colour of certain part of the picture, another thing I used was effect, effect was like a filter that you could add on.

I had already thought of what I was going for so looking at the things I could do it really helped me.

Photography brings happiness to the world showing the beauty of our world and our place to our planet.

30. 1. Reflection blog
    Questions:
    Why are art elements important?

31. Answer
    Why are elements important?
    They are important because they are a part of art and if we did not have the elements, there would be no art.
    What tools did I discover while photo editing?
    I discovered the tones of colure for example soft, light and lots more.
    What helped me make choices about photo editing?
    My photos helped me make my choices by what they looked like and what would soot them.
    What dose photography bring to the world?
    It bring art and creativity to the world in many ways.