Grade 4 Predict The Future of Technology

prediction smapleThe grade 4 students watched the video about Project Soli; a project engineers are working on that uses radar to change the the way we control devices. Watch how this technology is developing here…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QNiZfSsPc0

The students have been thinking about where technology has come from and where it is going.They were required to focus on one type of technology to find out a little about its history. They located facts to discover about the invention.

They were then asked to answer the question “How do you see the future of this technology changing?” They needed to creatively think about the future and make predictions about what developments might take place in the next 10 or 20 years (or beyond!). Take a look at what some students said….

Students please reflect on the following:

Did you find the iPad App ‘Explain Everything’ a useful tool to present your information? Why or why not?

Briefly describe your prediction for the future of technology.

After watching the video of Project Soli, what qualities do you think engineers of technology have? 

Grade 4 at Rowellyn Park PS Predict the Future from Rowellyn Park PS Media Arts on Vimeo.

Predicting The Future of Technology By Grade 4 – Rowellyn Park PS from Rowellyn Park PS Media Arts on Vimeo.

Predicting The Future of Technology by Grade 4 – Rowellyn Park PS from Rowellyn Park PS Media Arts on Vimeo.

on “Grade 4 Predict The Future of Technology
10 Comments on “Grade 4 Predict The Future of Technology
  1. Explain Everything was a helpful app because it had lots of ways to present your work and it had lots of buttons for showing what you are talking about, even a pointer. My prediction for the future technology of instruments is they will use technology to play a track automatically so you can follow it and try to learn the song better.
    Engineers have lots of qualities. To be able to create something they would need to try different things, so they don’t give up. They would need to study alot.

2. Explain everything is a useful app to use because you get to present your work and your voice to everyone and put pictures in as well.

My prediction for the future technology is that batteries on phones will last forever and you will have free internet any where and even in the bush where there is no reception.

I think Engineers have good and smart brains from preschool and high school. They would work hard and they can work things out by trying different things with the technology to discover what else can be done.

3. I did find that using explain everything helped me to make my presentation. I think in the future there will be a TV that you can control with your mind and you can just hop in and grab something and hop back out, just like a time machine but a little bit different.
    Technology had made life alot easier and can help you with lots of different things, for example getting to places with google maps and a sat nav.
    I think Engineers are pretty smart so you can discover new things. They keep on trying differnet things until they get it right. So they don’t give up. That how technology keeps getting better.

4. Yes explain everthing is useful, because it can help you present a piece of work alot better than other things can.

I think that in the future computers won’t need internet connection to work. There will be another form of connection to other computers.

I think Engineers are pretty smart so then can discover new things. They keep on trying different things until they get it right. So they don’t give up. That’s how technology keeps getting better.

5. Yes, Explain Every is very helpful because one, you can obviously explain almost anything. Two, you can use cursors while recording and when you play it it also shows what you pointed at.

My prediction was that the 3D Printing pen would be a glove and you press lightly to print.

After watching Project Soli, I think that engineers of technology have qualities like intelligence and have good ideas so they can build stuff like the prediction I made.

6. I think explain every thing useful because you can record your voice and it has different templates. My favourite prediction is voice controlled TV. After watching project soli i think the engineers first predict then they try to make their predictions a reality.

7. 1. yes I found the app very useful and handy because its easy to present your work and is easy to work with in a short amount of time.

2. My prediction is that in the future they should invent an app that allows you to turn objects in your house on and off from in or out of your house.

3. After watching Project Sole , I think that engineers of technology are very smart and clever they would not give up easy and would try a lot of new ideas.